Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Medicinal Uses of Rauwolfia (Rauwolfia serpentina)

By Liliana Usvat
Blog 260-365

Other Names










INDIAN SNAKEROOT


Description

More like a shrub than a tree in most places where it grows in India, rauwolfia produces extracts in its roots that have for centuries been used to treat nervous disorders. The extract also provides an antidote for snake- bites and insect stings. In the 20th century it was discovered that powdered rauwolfia root as a clinical medicinal ingredient would treat hypertension and mental disorders. Many drugs that make up tranquilizers have their origin in rauwolfia root.

Medicinal Uses

Indian snakeroot is used for 
  • mild high blood pressure,
  •  nervousness, 
  • trouble sleeping(insomnia), and 
  • mental disorders such as 
  • agitated psychosis and insanity. 
  • Indian snakeroot is also used for snake and reptile bites,
  •  fever, 
  • constipation, 
  • feverish intestinal diseases, 
  • liver ailments, 
  • achy joints (rheumatism), 
  • fluid retention (edema),
  • epilepsy, and 
  • as a tonic for general debilities.

One of the chemicals in Indian snakeroot is the same as a prescription drug calledreserpine. Reserpine is used to treat 

  • mild to moderate hypertension, s
  • chizophrenia, and 
  • some symptoms of poor circulation.
  • Root is a valuable remedy for dysentery and painful affections of bowel.
  • Juice of leaves is instilled in eyes as a remedy for the opacities of cornea.


How does it work?

Indian snakeroot contains chemicals such as reserpine that decrease heart rate and blood pressure.
History
  • It is one of the 50 fundamental herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine, where it has the name shégēn mù.
  • The extract of the plant has also been used for millennia in India – Alexander the Great administered this plant to cure his general Ptolemy I Soter of a poisoned arrow.
  •  It was reported that Mahatma Gandhi took it as a tranquilizer during his lifetime.
  •  It has been used for millennia to treat insect stings and the bites of venomous reptiles. 

Habitat: Moist forests shady places near rain-forest.
Status: The natural reserves of this plant are declining, especially after reports of its medicinal properties appeared in literatures. International Union for the Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN) has kept this plant under endangered status.
Distribution: The snake-weed genus includes about 50 species, this has fairly wide area of distribution, including the tropical part of the Himalayas, the Indian peninsula, Sri Lanka, Burma, and Indonesia.

5 comments:

  1. There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For: Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Presure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count.  Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Weak Erection.  Erysipelas,  Discharge from Penis. Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid. Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dieing in pain and full of heart break. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contact him to try my luck, we talk and he send me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cure totally. I don't really know how it happen but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 WEEKS AGO I ENDED NATURAL HERBAL TREATMENT FROM TRADITIONAL HEALER WHO IS IN AFRICAN, I GOT RID OF HPV VIRUS OUT OF MY BODY WITH HIS HERBAL TREATMENT. It SO AMAZING I'M FREE FROM THIS VIRUS FOREVER. YOU CAN REACH HIM ON; DRONOKUNHERBALCURE@GMAIL.COM  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herpes has been one of the most significant virus in the US now, and its spreading really fast, and the government are only producing medical drugs that can suppress it but rather keep on eliminating the African herbal doctors who were able to discover a way to completely cure the virus...I'm delighted to be finally cured of herpes 2 after i applied doctor Oyagu herbal medicine for two weeks ,,, I can tell you, I went back a month later to confirm my status and i was still negative.. If i could get cured, why do you think You can't?, you believe in the lying government and medical scientists and keep spending money on buying their stupid pills.. I'm glad I am finally cured from it forever...apply oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com herbal formula. Visit Herbalist Oyagu Natural Herbal Medicine Website : https://oyaguspellcaster.wixsite.com/... or contact him via WhatsApp +2348101755322 good luck as you reach him

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW I GOT CURED FROM LUPUS DISEASE,
    I'm here to testify about what Dr.Ovie did for me. I have been suffering from (LUPUS DISEASE) for the past 4 years and had constant pain,especially inside my body. During the first year,I had faith in God that I would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago. I came across a testimony of a lady on the internet testifying about a Herbalist Dr called Dr.Ovie on how he cured her from LUPUS DISEASE. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact him for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help.so I emailed him telling him about my (LUPUS DISEASE) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this Dr. Ovie a few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as Dr. Ovie assured me that I will be cured,after some time. i went to my doctor to confirm if i have been finally healed behold it was TRUE,the test came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact Dr. Ovie for help.You can contact him on email> ovie.miraclemedicine1@gmail.com or contact Dr Ovie on yahoo email> ovie.miraclemedicine1@yahoo.com Call or WhatsApp Dr on +2349056393169 Dr Ovie is specialized in curing the following,
    DIABETES
    HEPATITIS
    CANCER
    HIV/AIDS
    UNABLE TO GET PREGNANT
    LUPUS
    STROKE
    HSV 1&2
    HPV
    PARKINSON DISEASE.

    ReplyDelete