- Dragon Fruit Antioxidants - Eat dragon fruit as a good natural source of anti-oxidants which help to prevent the dangers of free radicals which can cause cancer and other undesirable health detriments
- The fruit has been hailed as having remarkable health-giving properties, including the ability to regulate blood sugar levels in diabetes as well as providing a dose of anti-oxidants.
- Dragon Fruit Vitamin C - The amount of vitamin C in dragon fruit is high
- Dragon Fruit Cholesterol -Dragon fruit is both low in cholesterol and has little to no unhealthy cholesterol producing fats
- Dragon Fruit Fiber - Dietary fiber is an important nutrition factor for everyone from young to old, and the best way to get dietary fiber is to eat fruits and vegetables including fruits like the dragon fruit.
- 50% of the seeds were made up of an essential fatty acid, oleic acid, which helps lower bad cholesterol and raise good cholesterol.
- a study indicates regular consumption of dragon fruit may lower the risks of developing heart disease and developing high blood pressure.
- Dragon fruit is high in antioxidants. Studies show that antioxidants may be effective at lowering risk of certain types of cancer.
- The seeds contain omega-3 fats. A great deal of research shows that omega-3 fatty acids can fight inflammation and autoimmune diseases.
- Because of its nutritional makeup, including antioxidants, monounsaturated fats, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and fiber, pitaya is a beauty-enhancing fruit.