Monday, March 17, 2014

Forsythia and Traditional Chinese Medicine

Liliana Usvat
Blog 159-365



Common Names - Forsythia , golden bells , lian qiao , weeping forsythia.

It is in flower from March to April. The flowers are hermaphrodite (have both male and female organs) and are pollinated by insects. It can grow in full shade (deep woodland), semi-shade (light woodland) or no shade. It requires moist soil.
 
Forsythias are popular early spring flowering shrubs in gardens and parks. Two are commonly cultivated for ornament, Forsythia × intermedia and Forsythia suspensa. They are both spring flowering shrubs, with yellow flowers. They are grown and prized for being tough, reliable garden plants. Forsythia × intermedia is the more commonly grown, is smaller, has an upright habit, and produces strongly coloured flowers. 
 
It is a flowering shrub producing yellow gold-like flowers. Growing up to 10 feet high, this shrub has a fountain-like beautiful look making it ideal for your garden. Lighting requirements of this shrub include either full sun or light shade and as far as soil is concerned, it should be well-drained and have additional water.

There are about 11 species, mostly native to eastern Asia, but one native to southeastern Europe. The common name is also forsythia; the genus is named after William Forsyth.

Forsythia viridissma, meanwhile, had overtaken it in European gardens. The Scottish plant-hunter Robert Fortune "discovered" it— in a mandarin's garden of the coastal city of Chusan (Zhoushan)— before he ever saw it growing wild in the mountains in Chusan's province, Zhejiang.

Propagation

Commercial propagation is usually by cuttings, taken from green wood after flowering in late spring to early summer; alternatively, cuttings may be taken between November and February. Low hanging boughs often take root, and can be removed for transplanting. A common practice is to place a weight over a branch to keep it on the ground, and after it has rooted, to dig up the roots and cut the rooted part from the main branch, this can then be planted.

Medicinal Uses - Traditional Chinese Medicine
 
The flowers have a broad-spectrum antibacterial action, inhibiting the growth of Staphococcus aureus, Shigella dysenteriae, haemolytic streptococcus, pneumococcus, Bacillus typhi, Mycobacterium tuberculi etc.

The leaves are febrifuge and are also poulticed onto ulcerated glands and haemorrhoids. A decoction of the leaves and twigs is used in the treatment of breast cancer.

The root is used in the treatment of cancer, colds, fever and jaundice.
 
It has been documented that the ancients in China ground up the fruit and gave it to the gravely ill to treat symptoms of fever and chest pain.

 Forsythia, known as lian qiao in China, is classified as bitter and cold, and is associated with the heart, lung, and gall bladder meridians. Practitioners prescribe it as a blood detoxifier, and for fevers, headaches and viral infections. Traditional Chinese Medicine recommends the green fruit, which is steamed and dried for medicinal use. Forsythia is often combined with honeysuckle (Lonicera japonica) in remedies.

Forsythia fruits are also reputedly used as a diuretic and as a cardiovascular tonic.
 
Antiviral forsythia, honeysuckle, and lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) share proven antiviral compounds. Prepare a tea from all three herbs for viral infections such as cold and flu. The tea is most effective when taken at the first sign of a viral infection.

Bronchitis In China, forsythia is a respected remedy for chest ailments such as bronchitis.

Antibiotic Chinese practitioners recommend forsythia as an antiseptic antibiotic. Its antibiotic properties make it a popular remedy in China for ear infection. It is recommended  forsythia for earache relief. Although the powdered herb is effective as a tea,  it can be sprinkled on applesauce when given to children.
 
Prepare a decoction by adding the powdered fruit to boiling water. Do not take more than 6 to 15 grams of forsythia daily.

In China, the fruit has been most often combined with flowers of the honeysuckle, and it still is one of the most-used herbal formulas there to treat colds, allergies and flu symptoms.

It has been documented by Chinese herbalists for 3,000 years to be helpful as a detoxicant to treat what they called toxic or hot conditions. These are better known to us as inflammatory and infectious diseases that include viral and bacterial infections, including cold and flu.

It appears that the plant enhanced the levels of good cholesterol in the body while also helping in lowering the bad cholesterol. 


11 comments:

  1. Hi, I am Joy Bella from Houston, Texas, USA. I was living with HPV(human papilloma virus) for almost 2 years, I was not myself, my body was always itching with pains until I was on the internet searching for a remedy. So luckily, i was reading testimonials of clients who was cured of herpes by the amazing spell caster named Dr Oluta spell doctor from West Africa.I contacted him by email, and within 15 minutes he got back to me and ask of my details which i provide to him, he consulted his oracle and told me the solution to my problem and how to go about it, i did is he told me and about the two days i got the cure which he prepared and send to me through DHL service, i took the cure as instructed by him getting to two days i was cured, my HPV(human papilloma virus) was cured up. All thanks to the superb healing herbs of Dr oluta
    You too can get in contact with him today if you wanna be cured from HPV(human papilloma virus) you having by email:  dr.olutaspellcaster@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349065326267
    you can still get in touch with me to know more my cure, here is mine email joybella425@gmail.com 
    Thank you so much great one.. I will continue to testify of your goodness to the universe.    

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Olu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Olu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Olu , I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Olu did it for me, contact him on WhatsApp at +2348140654426 or email him on drolusolutionhome@gmail.com for more information
































      Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr Olu who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr Olu send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr Olu , I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr Olu did it for me, contact him on WhatsApp at +2348140654426 or email him on drolusolutionhome@gmail.com for more information

      Delete
  2. A TRUE HERBALIST THAT CURE MY HERPES WITH ROOTS AND HERBS.TESTIMONY OF HOW I GOT CURED FROM HPV [with Herbal Traditional medicine]Hello Everyone out there,I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor called Dr oseremen  who helped me in my life. I was infected with HPV in 2019, but with the help of Dr Oseremen herbal medicine, i was cured within few weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same doctor also cured my Aunty from herpes, as soon as i heard she had herpes, i quickly refer her to Dr Oseremen and she was cured too after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 15 persons to Dr Oseremen and they were all cured from their various illness. So if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him dr.oseremenvadi@gmail.com Or WhatsApp/call +2349056394313 He also have a herbal cure for 4 other DISEASES;1.HIV2.SHINGLES3.VIRAL HEPATITIS4 HSV1/HSV2Contact him today and you will have a testimony…Good luck!I can’t stop talking about this man called Dr Oseremen cause he is God sent to cure humans from different DISEASES with herbal medications,he cured me of HPV ,he will also help you.GOOD LUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from California USA I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus in 2018 and I have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try , when i contact this herbalist via his email and he prepared a HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via UPS delivery company service, when i received this herbal cure, he gave me step by directions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was totally cured of this deadly virus within 14days of usage, I am now free from the deadly virus called herpes, all thanks to doctor Oluta, Contact this great herbal doctor via his email dr.olutaspellcaster@gmail.com call or whatsapp him on his mobile number +2349065326267
    He also have the herb to cure:(1) CANCERS,(2) DIABETES,(3) HIV/AIDS(4) HERPES(5)pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using herbal natural remedy was what got me tested negative to HSV 2 after been diagnosed for years.I have spend so much funds on medications like acyclovir (Zovirax), Famciclovir (Famvir), and Valacyclovir (Valtrex But it was all a waste of time and my symptoms got worse To me It is very bad what Big pharma are doing, why keep making humans suffer greatly just to get profits annually for medications that doesn't work.I'm glad that herbal remedies is gaining so much awareness and many people are getting off medications and activating their entire body system with natural herbal remedies and they are become holistically healed totally. Quickly contact Dr Felix herbal home now email him directly on Dr.felixherbalhome@gmail.com or Whatsapp :+2349068063760

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really happy that i have been cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) with the herbal medicine of  Dr MOMOH , i have been suffering from this disease for the past 3 years and 4 mouth without solution until i came across the email of this doctor who have cure so many people with his herbal medicine, i also choose to give him a chance to help me and my husband, he told me what to do and i kindly did it, and he gave us his herbal medicine and direct me on how to use it, i also follow his instructions for use and he ask us to go for a check up after 1 week and 5days which i did, to my greatest surprise our result came out as negative, we are really happy that there is someone like this doctor who is ready to help anytime any day. To all the readers and viewers that is doubting this testimony, stop doubting it and contact this doctor if you really have one and see if he will not actually help you. i am not a stupid woman that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done for me and i know that there are some people out there who are really suffering and hurting their family just because of these diseases so you can Email him on dr.momoh9@gmail.com OR
    WHATSAPP him on +2347083724098  he also told me that he has cure for these diseases listed below .
    HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS.
    .DIABETES .
    CANCER
    .HEPATITIS
    .HIV/AIDS
    Thank you for your time

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW DR IDEDIA GOT MY HPV VIRUS CURE WITH HIS HERBAL PRODUCT.
    My husband and I have been infected with human papillomavirus although i was the coursed i cheated on my husband it was when i contracted the virus for the passed 3 years this has been a deeply situation so embarrassed every-time i looked at myself i just pissed off the virus was getting over my life. Just to make the story short, a few weeks ago I found a herbalist, Dr Idedia. online who has cured hpv patients with 100% excellent results and I inquired about the treatment me and my wife took for two weeks and we got cured. I just want to use this medium to thank Dr Idedia for his wonderful treatment he so-much saved us from this virus. His information has been attached to my post. You can reach out to him via, whatsapp num +2349126592869 . or email: dr.idediatraditionalhealinghome@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past one years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by this Man Dr Momoh and she also gave the email address: dr.momoh9@gmail.com of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr. Momoh telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes, all over me as the doctor assured me that i have cured,after some time i went to my doctor, to confirmed, if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email:: dr.momoh9@mail.com or whatsApp his number on +2347083724098

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, everyone! I,m here to explore blogs and forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for (Herpes Virus).I was positive to the deadly virus called herpes and i lost hope because i was out casted and rejected even by my closet friends.i searched on-line to know and enquirer about cure for Herpes and i read someone testimony on how he was cured from Herpes so i decided to contact the same herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything.i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will heal me with the natural herbs from God!after days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via DHL and it got to me after 3 working days!i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!its really like a dream but i am so happy!thats the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more can be saved just like me!and if you need his help, you can email him on (drikpeajieherbalhome) : whatsapp :+254778109549

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stop Treating Your Herpes with hospital pills. There’s a Cure for Herpes genital with the help of Dr Kham Natural Herbal Medicine, I was Cured from Herpes genital with Dr Kham Natural Herbal Medicine, Am so glad expressing my profound gratitude to a man that is so concerned about other people's well being. I was suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS TYPE II) for over 2years, i have spent thousands of dollars buying expensive drugs and visiting several hospitals in different countries, I was really in selvage pain until one glorious morning, I read about Dr. Kham on the internet on how he had helped and cured so many people suffering from HERPES 1/2, HPV, CANCER, HIV/AIDS, ALZHEIMER, FIBROID, ENLARGED PROSTATE and HEART DISEASE ETC. So I contacted him through this Email: dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com and I shared my problems with him, He gave me the healing procedure and I followed them. Two weeks later after I received and used his product, He told me to go for a medical test and the result successfully came out negative, Now I am Herpes Virus free. I just want to use this platform to thank Dr. Kham for curing me from that deadly virus and also for exposing his herbal cure to the world at large, Please you can as well contact him with his Email: dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com and Here is his WhatsApp contact: +2348159922297 and Website: https://dr-kham-herbal-home.webnode.com

    ReplyDelete